Off time - no update Sell Your Foreign Coins | Atlanta Gold & Coin Buyers

By Appointment Only

Request an Appointment

Sell Your Foreign Coins

Get the most value when you sell your foreign coins.  As a U.S. and foreign coin dealer, we buy and sell gold, silver, and platinum coins from all over the world; however, most of the foreign coins that we deal in tend to come from several countries. Below are a list of the most common foreign coins that we purchase and have available for sale:

  • Australian Gold & Silver Kangaroos
  • Austrian Gold & Silver Philharmonics
  • British Gold Sovereigns and Silver Britannias
  • Canadian Gold & Silver Maple Leafs
  • Chinese Gold & Silver Pandas
  • Mexican Gold & Silver Pesos
  • South African Gold Krugerrands

We also regularly buy and sell foreign gold, silver, and platinum coins from other countries, including, but not limited to, the following:

Canadian Gold Maple Leaf Coins

Canadian gold maple leaf coins were first produced in 1979 by the Royal Canadian Mint and are the most popular 24k gold coins traded in the market today. These coins are minted with .999 or .9999 fine gold, have a $50 face value, and display different images of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse of the coin as she has aged over the years. The reverse side of the coin has an image of a Canadian maple leaf. Not only has the design changed, but additional counterfeit features were added to the coin beginning in 2016, including radial lines and a privy mark.

Austrian Gold Philharmonic Coins

The Austrian gold philharmonic was first introduced in 1989 and is popular not only for its purity (24k), but also due to the beautiful design of the coin. It features orchestra instruments on the obverse and the Musikverein Pipe Organ on the reverse. The face value of the coin is 100 Euros, but it’s gold value far surpasses its face value. The gold philharmonic is unique in that it is thinner and wider than most 1 oz gold coins. This stunning coin comes in multiple sizes or denominations, including 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz & 1/10 oz.

British Gold Britannia Coins

British gold britannias, produced by the Royal Mint in Great Britain, have been in production since 1987.  These 24k gold coins are available in fractional sizes, including 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and more recently, a 1/20 oz. Much like the Austrian gold philharmonics, they are stunning in their appearance. The obverse of the coin features an image of Britannia, a female warrior holding a shield and trident, while the reverse pays homage to Queen Elizabeth II. The 1 oz coin has a face value of 100 pounds, which is roughly equivalent to $135 US dollars.

South African Gold Krugerrands

South African gold krugerrands were the first 1 oz gold bullion coin to be produced by a sovereign mint. They made their debut in 1967 and are the world’s highest mintage gold bullion coin in existence. Unlike the other coins we’ve discussed, this coin doesn’t have a face value. Rather, it only notes the weight or size of the coin.  This worldwide recognized coin features an image of Paul Kruger on the obverse and a springbok antelope on the reverse. The weight of the coin is slightly more than a troy ounce, as it is composed of 22k gold with copper added as a base metal for durability purposes.

British Gold Sovereigns

The British gold sovereign has a long history, dating back to 1817. Various kings and queens have adorned the obverse of the coin over the years, but some of the most recognized are Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth, King Edward and King George. The reverse of the coin features a stunning image of Saint George on horseback slaying a dragon. These 22k gold coins weigh slightly less than a quarter of an ounce and are popular not only due to their long running mintage, but also because of the fractional size, which can make them easier to liquidate. Weighing in at 7.98 grams, they contain an actual gold weight of .2354 troy ounces.

50 Peso Mexican Gold Coin

The Mexican 50 peso gold coin is a highly recognized and popular gold coin. It’s also referred to as a “centenario.” It was initially produced in 1921 commemorating Mexico’s 100th anniversary of independence from Spain. While first produced in 1921, most 50 peso Mexican gold coins were minted in 1947.  The coin features an image of Winged Victory on the obverse and the Mexican coat of arms on the reverse. What makes this 90% gold coin unique is that it is heavier than the aforementioned coins. The total weight is 41.6 grams, which equates to an actual gold weight of 1.2 troy ounces. The coin is more copper in appearance than the other coins highlighted above due to its 10% copper content.